Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hello Everyone!

In a couple short hours, I will be set apart as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and I could not be more excited! Serving a mission is a sacrifice, and it has suprised me how hard it is to leave everyone I know and love. However, the little I have, I give with all my heart and I feel privleged to be able to give myself completley to such a master, even Jesus Christ. I feel the same as Bruce R McConkie did when he stated his "My Missionary Commission"...
"I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me.
My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine. My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work.
How great is my calling!"

I know Jesus Christ lives and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is His kingdom on the earth today. I am humbled and honored to serve Him in this capacity and I hope and pray that I may be worthy to be the insturment in His hands to serve His children. This is my Joy.


See you all in 18 months!!

Love,
Megan (very-very-soon-to-be Hermana) Chipman

No comments:

Post a Comment