Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Companion #8 :)


Hola Hola Hola!!

Como estan todo?

Forgive me for being late again this week. It was president's day on Monday and I couldn't get to a computer till today.

Thanks for the emails, I loved seeing the pictures and hearing from you :)

This week has been powerful. We have witnessed a lot of miracles. Very small ones, but our small pool is growing and more and more members are willing to come with us. We weren't getting any member presents for a while (and we only count member present lessons here). We set a large goal in faith that God would provide a way, and he did. We didn't get the goal due to people's agency and health (which we can't control) but we did find 3 new investigators this past week! Progress!

Probably the biggest shocker of this week came last Wednesday. Sis Lee has known that she was going to be training this next transfer since she came into the Spanish program (President told her to assure her that she would only be here for 3 weeks). So when president called for the new missionary training calls, I answered it and expected to quickly hand the phone to Sister Lee.....not quite. He called me to be a trainer before he talked to Sister Lee!

So yes, I am now training a new missionary. In the training meeting last Thursday, we were told that training a new missionary was the greatest and most important calling one can receive as a missionary. And with such a great opportunity comes a great responsibility. I was pretty shocked and nervous this past weekend because I hardly feel like I know what I am doing, let alone teach someone else how to do it! But I know that God does. I have faith that it will all be okay.

Transfers were yesterday, so yes, I have another new companion ha-ha (this is my 8th!). Her name is Hermana Powell and she is from Santa Rosa, California. She is incredible. I kind of threw her right into it by riding the train back to flushing and giving her some cards. She rocked it, and fearlessed all the way home (She even tried in Spanish!!). I was so proud :) (though I know I did nothing ha-ha). She is a lot of fun, 22 and is ready and willing. It is going to be hard, we are going to be on our knees a lot, and trusting in God and I know good things will keep coming. (Btw, I am getting some mean calluses on my knees!! I guess that means I am doing something right ha-ha)

I know this work is true, the harder it gets out here, the surer I become! He lives and truly loves us.

I love you, miss you and pray for you each day! Have a good one!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment