Monday, July 8, 2013

It was a 4th of July I will never forget!


Hi family!                                                                                                        July 8, 2013

I am so glad you enjoyed your Fourth of July Holiday! Those pictures of Mountains look spectacular! Oh how I miss that crisp mountain air. (It is 98 degrees today, and very very humid!!!) I have never sweated so much in my entire life! The other day, my companion and I did what we call a "car fast" where we park our car, and try to talk to people on the street between our destinations. It was 95 degrees, and we talked to some really neat people. We did however get lost for a good hour (the island apparently isn't always a grid haha)  but we ended up being exactly where God wanted us to be, and he provided us with nice cold water at the end :).  

The fourth was a good day. We ended up having weekly planning, so we mostly did that, but in the evening we had a wonderful lesson with a mother of one of our branch members. We had the Elders teach the lesson (because we technically only teach Young Single Adults), we have taught this mother before, and the member really wanted us there, so we went. The Elders taught the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Her son, the member, joined the church about 7 years ago, went less active, but came back to church about a year ago. She has seen such a real change and light in him that she knew our message was true and different before we said anything.  Fireworks were going berserk all around and over the house, and however much I love watching fireworks, there was no place on the planet, that I would have rather been than in that living room. There were moments that I felt the room was on fire with the spirit of God, testifying to each of us that what was being taught was true, and that she was prepared to hear it. As we drove home, the entire sky was lit up with fireworks coming from all over the place. It was a fourth of July I will never forget!

This week, we did a ton of what we call look-ups. These are members of the church, mostly less-active, that we go try to find and invite to come to the singles branch. Our branch is so tiny, but there are a good 600 people that could/ should be there each Sunday. Our work is cut out for us! Anyway, we only found a handful of people, but it is amazing who we have been able to find but just opening our eyes and mouths and talk to their neighbors. We are learning to trust in the Lord and to follow His promptings, however crazy they might seem. I am learning that you can never guess where the Lord will lead you, but you can always count on it being a miracle.

I know this work is true, and I plan to just keep trying, keep praying and keep growing. I love my mission and am so grateful for the sacred challenges I have been called to pass through. I know that this is Christ's true church. I know that God did not only speak a long time ago, but that he speaks today. And that is because he loves us, he speaks directly to us, in our own personal language that sometimes only we can fully understand. He is there. He cares and is willing to help us direct our lives. It is just a matter if we will get on our knees and speak to him.

I Love you and miss you!!! You are the greatest :)

Megan

PS could you please make some announcement on the blog that I can email friends, and possibly put my email address next to my address? Also maybe a note that I don't have a lot of email time, but that you can reach me that way (got to save that for mi familia :) )

PPS Thanks for your CD Ashley and Nicole, it was so wonderful to laugh "with you" and to hear your voices!

No comments:

Post a Comment