Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas with lots of pictures!

Megan and the areas she helped with clean up















 Thanksgiving Day

 The Turkey bowl





Merry Christmas again :) So weird to think that I have been able to communicate with you everyday this week. Thanks for the pictures and that 2nd Jib Jab, wow we are awesome! But one question....why did I end up as the kid who gets his (well I guess her ha-ha) tongue stuck on the pole....ha-ha.

The rest of our Christmas was good. After I got done talking to you, I chatted with the Elder and Sister Gulbransen (the senior couple) while my companions finished up. We later went to another Senior Couple's apt for dinner with some of the other missionaries. My first meal without rice in a long time. It was really good and a lot of fun.

After we were done, I learned how sensitive one of my companions is.....in a really hard way. I have been learning this all week, but it peaked yesterday. That is all I really can say about that except for the fact that I am learning that one of the hardest parts of serving a mission can be working in companionships. So I am learning, and changing and growing and trying to get it to work. Anyway, we finished our Christmas by visiting one of our investigators who was spending x-mas alone. She was grateful for our company.

Despite the difficulties, it has been a really good week. We miraculously found a new investigator named Jugo (which means juice :) ). We finally got in touch with his mother (who is an investigator also), and he was there when we visited. Almost at the exact same time we all three got a strong prompting that He needed a Book of Mormon. Sis Madsen and I actually pulled out books from our bags at the exact same time. He was receptive and wanted to come to church......AND HE DID!!! His mother wasn't able to, but at the appointment, she testified that she knew the Book of Mormon is the word of God because she prayed and received her confirmation and answer from heaven that it was true. She said that she felt the exact same peace and spirit as she read it as she does the Bible. Really cool and powerful testimony. Sad, but when we heard her testify, we could hardly believe our ears. It is amazing the experiences we have when we ACTUALLY read the scriptures, particularly the Book of Mormon.

Funny story. the ward had a ward activity and some of the members performed a funny skit. One of these members was looking for a simple "longer" skirt for it, and couldn't find one anywhere. She figured that maybe the Sister missionaries might have one. I found one of mine that I inherited from a sister who has since gone home. The next day she wore it in the play. One of my companions pointed out how my skirt worked perfectly for her part. I looked over, and saw that indeed, it was perfect. The member was playing a grandma. We laughed for a long time about that ha-ha. So thank you for that beautiful blue skirt for Christmas, now I don't have to worry about my "grandma" skirt ha-ha.

I love you and really miss you!!! It was so good to see you all, even if it was over skype. Have a great next week together :)

And chipper, I am so proud of you! Waiting for that call can be the longest weeks of your life...except for your 1st week in the MTC ha-ha.

Till Monday :)

Love,

Megan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment