Monday, April 29, 2013

I'm so grateful to be a missionary


Hola!                                                                          

It’s been a week of miracles. It’s been a hard week in regards to numbers. We started out the week with 3 progressing investigators, and ended with zero. Juan Carlos had to go back to Columbia (hopefully he will be back in a month), Erady has become really hard to get a hold of and sadly has been really sick again, and we weren't able to even contact Tito this week. It’s a bummer, but we are in good spirits and are enjoying the nice weather, flowers and wonderful people in Flushing. One of the greatest blessings of striving to be obedient and is that no matter the outcome of the week, I know the Lord is pleased with us. And because we love each other and strive to serve each other, we are able to still have fun, even when it gets hard... I also know that one short week is so small in comparison to the grander picture.

I feel like so often I get bogged down in trying to figure out the end from the beginning when in reality only God knows that. It is so funny how I can be so slow to trust in Him and His timing when He is the only one who knows how it will all play out and loves me and wants my success more than anyone else. I know that my Redeemer Lives and sometimes, at the end of the hard day, that's all I got, but I know that is enough. I am so grateful to be a missionary and in a lot of ways His angel to lift, strengthen and love His children.

I love you all and I hope you are having fun together. Enjoy the temple Chipper! I get to go tomorrow and I am SOOO Excited!!

Also thanks for the cookies mom, my companions are still raving about them :)

I love you all! Sorry for the quick note!

No comments:

Post a Comment