Friday, March 29, 2013

It is hard to communicate all that I want to in a short email


Hola family! Como ha estado? It sounds like you have having a wonderful time in CA and Las Vegas and wherever you are right now :)

The wedding sounds like it was sacred, lovely and great to be with everyone. You are right about the San Diego temple. I haven't been there, but it sure sounds breath-taking. I hope you continue to enjoy it and travel back safe!

Also, I am glad you were able to drop by for Rachel's Farewell. If you are reading this, Rachel, I want you to know that I LOVE you and know you are going to be a Dynamite missionary!! God is with you and you have an incredible next 18 months to look forward to. The people of London don't even know the miracles that are coming their way :)

As for us here in flushing, we are nearing the end to another transfer (Transfer 5 for me). Next week there are actually more sisters coming in than there are sisters to train them (because the rest of us are already training!)There is something like 20 sisters coming in! And there are more sisters than Elders coming in. How cool is that!!! There is a lot of excitement with all of the new missionaries and it is cool to see the work hasten before my eyes. It is neat to be apart of it all.

Both Erady and Ayda came to church this week!!! And Erady's little boy let her even go to the baptism after church! I am so grateful for the members in this small flushing branch and their willingness to introduce themselves and make investigators feel loved and welcomed. It really makes ALL the difference.

We also had a powerful lesson (probably one of the most powerful I have been apart of) with a woman named Anna. Anna is a less active from the Dominican Republic. She was baptized about 6 years ago and has even served as a Relief Society pres. She finally let us in and we talked and listened to her why she isn't coming to church. She has trapped herself in a lot of sin, and she doesn't know where to turn and she feels people at church will just judge her. I felt prompted to share a scripture with her from 3 Nephi 18 where it talks about Christ wanting her to come (and for no one to cast her out) so He can heal her. She recognized it as what she needed and promised to come to the RS activity. She didn't come, and it was heartbreaking. I wonder if that is how we will feel when we get to the other side and notice some of our loved ones not there with us. I still enjoyed the activities and church, but it is hard to ignore who is missing. I know Heavenly Father feels that way about us.

Wow I am running out of time and words to write. It really is such a crazy concept to try to communicate all the emotions, experiences and relationships I am experiencing in such a short email once a week.

Love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment